The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
- You are part of the in-store logistics team facilitating the store’s daily needs in the movement of goods to transport incoming goods and handling materials to the designated location within the warehouse boundaries.
- Adhering to standard operating procedures, you help to ensure efficient goods flow and accurate inventory counts as well as following waste management guidelines in maintaining the cleanliness of the work area.
- Verify articles received against corresponding paperwork and note any discrepancies to ensure 100% inventory accuracy.
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets of products and properly store/stage all pallets in assigned locations.
- Remove and properly document all damages found or caused on incoming merchandises.
- Supporting the team, you assist in refilling, unloading and merchandise pick-up, checks and administer incoming goods and places goods in designated areas as needed.
- Working closely with your colleagues, you also help to keep the store well stocked with the right goods, ensure a safe place to work for co-workers and yourself by using the correct equipment and following our safety guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned.
- You have experience in warehousing operations and a good track record in workplace safety.
- You are a self-motivated team player with a desire to take on responsibility and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic and physically fit, you must enjoy hands-on physical work and have a keen interest in warehouse logistics.
- Prior experience in using Reach truck / Stacker, license for forklift is favorable.
- You are able to commit to shift work commencing from 6.00am - morning shifts, 14:00pm – afternoon shifts, and working on rotating shifts including weekend and public holiday.