What you'll need to have
• Good understanding of customer behaviour.
• Good understanding of merchandising techniques and how to create a commercially attractive As-Is offer.
• High Level of knowledge of functions within the IKEA unit and how they contribute to the product quality, safety and recovery processes.
• Good knowledge of the IKEA product range and good knowledge of the waste management and sustainability principles.
• Good understanding on how each workflow within product quality, safety and recovery affects the profit and loss of the unit.
• 2-3 years of experience from a leadership assignment in a commercial retail environment.
• Ambassador and a good example of good IKEA leadership and IKEA values
• Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
• Experience of working in a customer-oriented high-volume retail business.
• Proven ability to deliver strong business results through people.
• Coaching & facilitation skills
• Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in Italian and English
What you'll be doing day to day
• Lead, coach and develop the Product Quality & Recovery team with a focus on putting the customer first in everything we do.
• Co-operate across functions in the customer meeting point to ensure everyone understands and actively contributes to the product quality & safety and recovery processes.
• Take the lead in ensuring that the unit works proactively with improving customers product experience, by acting as an ambassador for our customers’ product experience and ensuring timely reporting of any product safety, compliance or quality deviations, incidents, and risks in the IKEA product deviation reporting system.
• Establish the pre-requisites for the team to deliver customers a great commercial shopping experience in As-Is, as well as efficient circular recovery operations to reduce the environmental and financial impact of the products that end up in the reverse flows.
• Lead establishment of efficient and effective ways of working in the unit to block & sales stop IKEA products with identified product safety and/or quality deviations, thereby preventing any sales stopped, defect or recalled products from reaching our customers.
• Set goals and action plans for assigned department. Follow-up and take proactive actions to continuously improve upon the performance by benchmarking towards other units.
• Identify and continuously ensure optimal usage of common working methods, processes and tools related to the product quality, safety, and recovery processes.
• Develop the team and its individual members and ensure plans for succession.
Together as a team
We are the ones meeting our customers – in our stores, online, in our catalogue and beyond. We have knowledge of the IKEA product range, local markets and customer needs and we constantly find new ways of making real connections with our customers to maximize sales and profitability. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world we’re a diverse team working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that helps millions of customers create a better everyday life!