Who you are
• Your leadership inspires, clarifies, unleashes entrepreneurs, creates customer
value, builds strong relationships and is collaborative
• You are a true People advocate with a strong passion for succession planning,
organizational development and internal talent spotting
• You are a change agent; completely excited about new and improved ways of
working, technologies and processes
• You have worked in a matrixed environment before, which includes supporting
and implementing initiatives from your COE partners, Regional HR Business
Partners, and providing Best Practices with the rest of your Region
• You are a strategist with the ability to be tactical and operational when
• You are experienced in managing, coaching and developing influential teams.
• You lead with heart and can provide direction and stability for our Co-workers
• You have a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources Management experience
• You enjoy being “on the floor” so you can get to know your co-workers, be
visible and part of the day-to-day of the Business (as opposed to being inside
your office all day)
• You are comfortable with being on-site, working an evening shift at least once
per week, and working a few weekends
Note: In the IKEA world, this position is referred to as: Unit People & Culture Manager
What you'll be doing day to day
• People are at the heart of our business. We create a better everyday life
together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. The
Unit People & Culture Manager is instrumental in making this happen by
leading the local implementation of our People Strategies.
• You will be a Business Partner for your Unit Manager and your other
leadership colleagues, collaborating with them on all people-related issues.
• Help lead the entire business as an active and influential member of the unit’s
strategic leadership team (your unit’s Steering Group).
• Lead and develop your local P&C team and encouraging them to build strong
relationships throughout your unit.
• Focus on providing an excellent co-worker experience in your unit, including
championing internal career growth and our many and varied development
• Champion training, mentoring, coaching, forecasting and succession planning.
• Ensure that our national People strategy, is implemented and lives in your unit.
• Support and help drive the recruitment process in your unit by partnering with
your Unit Hiring Managers and our Centralized Recruitment team.
• Implement our Co-worker Relations Plan by managing all local interactions
with our co-workers, ensuring we uphold our labour relations principles and
abide by local policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
• Demonstrate yourself, and encourage and train in others, a high level of
problem solving, mediation and counseling skills.
• Meet financial goals by monitoring, analyzing and acting upon key P&C
• Regularly communicate and partner with your Market P&C Manager on
escalated issues as well as regional initiatives and programs
• Lead Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and work-life balance initiatives in your
• Support Health & Safety compliance, improvements and programs.
Together as a Team
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.
Note: Candidates who pass the pre-screening stage may be required to complete and submit a Case study (to be provided)
PERKS & BENEFITS
'- The salary range for this position is $80,000-105,000 per year
- A competitive health and dental benefit plan (including flex credits that can be applied to an Extended Health Account for more dental coverage or to your Wellness Account to cover massages, mental health therapy, transit costs etc)
- Wellness days on top of your vacation package
- Free on-site parking
- Meals are subsidized every day for co-workers ($4 lunches!)
- Lots of career growth opportunities (including international)