At IKEA, it so much more than a job.
We are looking to welcome a Risk & Compliance Co-worker to join our Risk & Safety team at IKEA Edinburgh.
This role is to protect IKEA co-workers, customers, visitors and assets from preventable loss, injury or illness, and contribute to the positive working and shopping experience for all. Establish a risk aware culture in the Unit, by proactively assessing and managing risks together with the functions and the risk owners, and by creating understanding about IKEA’s intended level of Safety & Security.
Start Date: 17th June 2023
Interviews: w/c 5th June 2023
WHAT WE OFFER
We are passionate about finding the right people which is why we’re offering shifts to fit you and your availability which can be discussed at the interview stage. We can offer contract sizes (part time/full time) however availability to work evenings & alternate weekends is required.
Full time - 39 hours, working 5 days over 7, including days & evenings & weekends.
Shifts pattern vary but are between the hours of 0700 - 2130
Part time – we will discuss your preferred contract size, days & shifts will be determined by the contract hours.
• £10.90 basic hourly rate - we are a Living Wage Foundation Employer.
• We offer permanent contracts, advanced scheduling
• We are a Disability Confident Leader (Level 3)
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family's everyday needs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
We are passionate about ensuring that we work together to make a more secure and safe environment for our customers and co-workers, and do the best for people and the environment by creating a sustainable way of living. The IKEA values really reflect your own values.
• The most important requirements are full availability, which will help us cover all operational hours of the function, passion for the role, a desire to learn and develop and computer literacy.
• You have a high standard of written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and analytical, problem-solving skills.
• An ability to work in a self-directive environment to resolve problems and to complete tasks within deadlines, an ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Ability to react to an emergency situation & be prepared to make decisions.
Togetherness is one of the core values in the IKEA culture, we expect our candidates to be natural team players who will embrace change with a solution-orientated approach. In IKEA we place great emphasis on leading others and ourselves with a positive approach, even during the busiest and most challenging times.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
The job is varied & no two days are the same, you contribute to the shopping experience by ensuring a safe environment for our customers & co-workers.
• You meet and greet all persons entering the store and maintain visitor, contractors and co-worker access to and from the store.
• You monitor fire safety & security systems, respond to alarms and initiate emergency response without delay and support the Safety & Security function in store through monitoring and review of CCTV and other security infrastructure.
• You are responsible for the recording of incidents and accidents; maintaining the Incident Reporting System and assist with Loss Prevention and detection of offenders.
• You will carry out administrative duties, including audits, reports, maintaining and filing records and support the stores daily operations.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV with your application so we can get to know you better.
Second step, if successful you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to help!