Why we will love you
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of existing and emerging new technologies and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home to develop and extend the business, people, and technical skills needed to ensure continuous improvement and growth of our digital capability.
Drive the transformation of Ingka into a more data driven company by building and operating modern platforms and systems that are aligned with our constantly evolving data landscape in Ingka, enabling seamless, controlled and reliable consumption of data by co-workers and teams.
What you'll be doing day to day
• Build, operate, and maintain data platforms and systems, including cloud-based services, that enable distributed data consumption and value-generating usage by teams and other end users, as part of cross-functional digital product teams
• Produce all required design specifications and drive the implementation of appropriate data models, schemas and their associated processing and transformation pipelines, in order to satisfy changing business requirements while ensuring continuously stable running operations
• Build software that is cost-effective and robust with respect to imperfect data streams and architectural conditions, minimising unintended errors and system down time, and ensuring a resilient technological foundation for analytics
• Apply and utilise modern software development practices and related technologies, including continuous integration and delivery, in order to efficiently deliver flexible digital solutions in close collaboration with others
• Write demanding SQL queries that Extract, Transform and Load data from storage to an appropriate format, using joins, nesting and similar operations as an integral component of data processing pipelines
• Build and contribute to our evolving software library of internal Ingka data processing tools to minimise the amount of repetitive work happening in product teams across Group Digital and increase the efficiency of analytical problem-solving
• Implement data validation checks and data quality dashboards, in order to ensure a high degree of trust in the data residing in the systems, as well as in the decisions supported by insights extracted from it
• Promote and apply agile ways of working in relation to software development, including rapid prototyping and outcome-based evaluation, in order to ensure that we realise the OKRs set by Group Digital
What you will need to have:
• Good knowledge of advanced data structures and distributed computing
• Broad knowledge of SQL for data processing and analysis
• Broad knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java, Go, Python, or Scala), including concepts from functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
• Good knowledge of new and emerging tools for extracting, ingesting, and processing of large datasets (Apache Spark, Beam, Kafka, or equivalent)
• Good knowledge of digital product development principles and the importance of rapid validated learning cycles to optimise performance long term
• Good knowledge of collaborative software engineering practices (Agile, DevOps), in which solutions evolve through the effort of self-organising cross-functional teams
• Good knowledge of IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people
• Formal qualifications (BSc, MSc, PhD) in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience as a (Junior) Data Engineer or Software Engineer
• Broad knowledge of data processing for large datasets
• Demonstrable experience working in Agile or DevOps communities of engineering practice
• Familiarity with cloud computing environments, e.g. Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
• Preferred: Experience with build and deploy tools (e.g. Jenkins) and infrastructure management frameworks (e.g.
Salary Range: 92,835-138,391.50
Together as a team
There’s a big difference between doing things right and doing the right things. In our team we gather insights from big data to make sure IKEA does the right things. We’re a diverse group of people who spend our days digging into consumer behaviour and how people live their lives at home. You could say that we know the trends before they’re actually trends – and we use that knowledge to create a better everyday life for our customers.
This position is hybrid role with 3 days a week in the office. The successful candidate must live within a commutable distance to the IKEA Service Office in Conshohocken, PA.